- Remote Download
Remote Download - FMS - Tracking
digiDL-ex creates a single data gateway for trucks.
Tachosys have created a single unit to merge the activities of Telematics, GPS and Remote Download. This will inevitably reduce costs and allow adopters to merge data to their own single portal.
Front Port Download (K-Line)
Some VDO tachographs will only remotely download via the front port. This is sometimes referred to as download via K-Line. The digiDL-E and digiDL-EX support front port download via K-Line cable from the tachograph to the K-Line input on the unit.
Summary of connectivity
- FMS: for monitoring of a range of vehicle standardised CAN-Bus messages to calculate things like fuel consumption and assess driving styles.
- D8: provides Tachograph mode data specifically in our case when the vehicle’s ignition is off.
- GPS: connection to GPS module, providing satellite positioning for use in vehicle tracking.
- Inputs: a range of configurable digital and analogue which can be used to gather data from devices such as door sensors, thermocouples, switches etc.
- K-Line: for use with Tachographs that support remote download but do not have a rear CAN-Bus connection.
- Bluetooth: For proprietary connection with smartphones, PC or tablet.
Remote Tachograph Download
- Remotely download from all compatible tachographs
- Supported by full back end systems from a range of resellers
- Works to defined schedule
- Remote authentication with company cards
- Data direct to any online data provider
- Secure data transfer
- Driver Card downloaded independently
- CAN2 or K-Line download options
- Bluetooth module for third party products, messaging or Driver Decision Support (DDS).
- CAN-Bus channel for use with standard or proprietary CAN feeds. Jumpers for Power IN/OUT.
- D8 connects to D8 pin of Tachograph as a backup to Tachograph mode -data.
- GPS connection for Tachosys GPS Module. High Performance GPS Single Chip GPS DSP with integrated real time clock (RTC) ARM7EJ-S CPU.
- Inputs: 6 inputs plus I²C. All configurable locally and remotely.
- K-Line: remote download of the Tachograph via the front port where CAN2 is not present.
- GSM - GPRS - 3G Antenna SMA socket.
- SIM Slot for standard size SIM card.
- USB connection for PC Based configuration.
- Auxiliary socket for RS232 connectivity. Supports optional Driver Card download button.
- 12/24 Volt input. Also CAN-Bus connection to Tachograph’s CAN2 interface.
- Temperature Range: -40 to +85 degrees centigrade
- ISO / SAE Protocols: 16844-6, 16844-7, J1939, 15765-2, 15765-3, 14230-2, 14230-3
- Voltages / Current Draw: 9-36 Volt DC / 250mA @ 12V or 120mA at 24V (typical), 20mA (sleep)
- Accelerometer: 3 Axis; 2g, 4g, 8g, 16g
- Real Time Clock: Selectable time source; Tachograph/Server/GPS
- LED Indicators: 8 LEDs for status and support
- Casing: ABS Plastic (high temperature) H: 45mm W: 110mm D: 120mm
digiDL range conformity
- Vibration: IEC 68-2-64, 68-2-6
- Shock: IEC 68-27-2
- Safety: EN 60950
- RF: EN 301 511
- EMC: EN 301 489-7, 55022, 55024